Spielwarenmesse has added two new members to its TrendCommittee.
Keeping an eye out for the latest trends that will impact the toy industry across the world, the committee will reveal the upcoming trends for 2021 in October.
Products in each of the trends will then be showcased at the Spielwarenmesse show which is set to take place from 27 to 31 January 2021.
Joining the committee this year is; design and trend researcher Clara Blasco from Spanish technological institute for children's products and leisure, AIJU; and, Sujin Lee toy inventor and commentator.
"Clara has been researching user preferences and trends for more than ten years, advising toy companies and childcare facilities on product developments," Spielwarenmesse said in a statement.
"Since 2017, she has focused her attention on research projects relating to sustainability for users and consumers of toys and children’s products.
"Sujin Lee from South Korea has already gathered seven years’ experience in the toy industry and has registered several toy patents.
"Last year, he started running a data-based communication platform for parents and children whilst shedding light in his monthly reports on emerging trends in the media, the online trade, and the retail trade," Spielwarenmesse said.
The Spielwarenmesse TrendCommittee comprises the following members:
- John Baulch (Publisher, Toy World Magazine, UK)
- Clara Blasco (Design and Trend Researcher, AIJU Toy Research Institute, Spain)
- Jackie Breyer (Journalist, The Toy Book und The Toy Insider, USA)
- Daniele Caroli (Journalist, Parents’ Choice, Russia)
- Axel Dammler (Market Researcher, iconkids & youth international research GmbH, Germany)
- Steven Ekstract (Journalist, License! Global, USA)
- Philippe Guinaudeau (Market Researcher, Kidz Global, France)
- Lena Hedö (Journalist, Lek & Babyrevyn, Sweden)
- Gabriela Kaiser (Trend Consultant, TRENDagentur, Germany)
- Urszula Kaszubowska (Journalist, Branza Dziecieca, Poland)
- Sujin Lee (CEO Ggem Factory, South Korea)
- Reyne Rice (Journalist and Trend Expert, USA)
- Jane Wong (Journalist, Toy Industry, China)