License Global magazine has revealed the top brands of the decade in its new 'The Influentials' report.
Consulting its readers and thought leaders for their nominations, The Influentials report highlights the brands that captured the spotlight of pop culture globally throughout the past 10 years and those in position to influence the business of brand licensing in the decade ahead.
Toy-related brands and properties featured on the list includes MGA's Lol Surprise, Adventure Time, influencers JoJo Siwa and Ryan's World, The Avengers and preschool properties including PJ Masks and Paw Patrol.
According to License Global, each brand featured in the 2020 Influentials report contributes to the $292.8 billion in global sales revenue generated by licensed merchandise and services by introducing a new offering that flies off the shelves.
Speaking on the brands featured, License Global content director Amanda Cioletti said the organisation was thrilled to recognise the brands that have made an impact on global consumers.
"This year we chose to chronicle the past 10 years of the brand licensing industry and shine a light on who to watch in the upcoming decade.
"The Influentials report honours brands that impacted people across the globe by extending more deeply into consumers’ lives and for the brilliant ways they connect with, drive cultural conversations and engage consumers.
"Amid such a challenging point in history, we are pleased to also spotlight brands that have risen to the forefront and will positively shape the future of consumerism and retail," she said.
The brands that made it into License Global's The Influentials 2020 report are below.
2010s Top Brands of the Decade:
• Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time
• Grumpy Cat
• Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games
• Social Influencers (JoJo Siwa, Ryan’s World, Bethany Mota, Patrick Starrr, and LaurDIY)
• L.O.L. Surprise!
• Tyler “Ninja” Blevins
• Preschool animation (PJ Masks, PAW Patrol, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Octonauts, and Doc McStuffins)
• UEFA Champion’s League
• Netflix’s Stranger Things
• Luxury fashion brands for the masses (Gucci, LVMH, Supreme, Off-White, and Moschino)
• Marvel’s The Avengers franchise
• The Kardashians
• The Smiley Company
2020s Future Top Brands:
• Anime Brands (Funimation, Toei Animation’s Dragon Ball Z, and Crunchyroll)
• J Balvin
• Mobile apps (Headspace, Calm, Postmates, and DoorDash)
• Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
• Quick-service food (KFC, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, and Cheetos)
• Cause-related brands (Patagonia, Seventh Generation, REI, and Warby Parker)
• Plant-based powerhouses (Impossible and Beyond)
• The NBA
• Athleisure (Champion, FILA, Lululemon, and Uniqlo)